Are you a middle school, high school, collegiate, or amateur athlete serious about your sport and looking to be the best, change your body composition, improve your overall performance or simply feel better? Or are you in a tactical position looking for more energy and better overall job performance? Maybe you’re a fitness enthusiast looking to improve your training.
Lindsey can provide you with the resources, tools, and guidance to make sure you are getting your body the food it needs that not only makes you a better athlete, but also provides energy to live well.
Having worked with all ages at all levels, including Division I collegiate athletics, high school athletes, recreational athletes, and obstacle course racers, as well as being an accomplished athlete herself, she knows and understands the pressure to perform well and desire to meet athletic goals.
Nutrition doesn’t have to be as confusing as some make it out to be – Lindsey can help you simplify your fueling strategy and maximize your performance.
LINDSEY CAN HELP YOU:
- Gain muscle or lose fat
- Have better recovery from injuries and/or prevent future injuries
- Increase energy and productivity
- Get better sleep
- Start/restart normal menstrual function
- Learn simple, realistic, and efficient tools to healthy eating
- Have a nutrition plan that’s catered to your life and goals
- Know what to eat when eating out
- Lower your risk of heart disease or diabetes
- Know which supplements will help you meet your goals without violating participation rules
- Recover from an eating disorder & learn to use food as fuel
- Be the best at your sport – respected by peers and desired by coaches and sponsors
THE PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
- Initial Visit
- 2 follow-up sessions
- Food Log Coaching
- Dietary Analysis
- Customized Nutrition Plan: meal pattern/timing, macronutrient composition, hydration and supplement strategies
- Nutrient Timing: pre, during, and post (recovery) exercise/event/training
- Performance/Sport Specific recommendations
- Analysis of Body Composition (you will need to have this done elsewhere, Lindsey can analyze your results/progress and apply to your plan)
- Educational Material
- Supplement recommendations (as warranted)
Your visits might be covered by insurance!
A PERFORMANCE NUTRITION meeting with me may include any or all of the following:
- Assess and analyze dietary practices, body composition, and energy balance (intake and expenditure) of athletes in the context of athletic performance and health.
- Counsel on optimal nutrition for exercise training (match nutrition to training phases and goals), competition, recovery from exercise, weight management, hydration, immunity, disordered eating, travel, and supplementation.
- Counsel athletes on achieving and maintaining a level of body mass, body fat, and muscle mass that is consistent with good health and good performance.
- Provide personalized meal and snack plans to promote achieving short- and long-term goals for athletic performance and good health.
- Develop and counsels in hydration protocols.
- Address nutritional challenges to performance, such as food allergies, bone mineral disturbances, gastrointestinal disturbances, iron depletion, and iron-deficiency anemia.
- Provide medical nutrition therapy, as needed, to help manage or treat medical conditions.
- Counsel athletes on optimal nutrition for recovery from illness or injury.
- Coordinate nutritional care as a member of multidisciplinary sports medical/sports science teams.
- Evaluate nutritional supplements, including herbal supplements, for legality, safety, quality, and efficacy; monitors use of appropriate supplementation.
- Collaborate with the individual’s family, physician, coach, and other health professionals, as appropriate.
adapted from: Job Descriptions: Models for the Dietetics Profession, 2nd edition, 2008. American Dietetic Association, ISBN: 978-0-88091-420-8
“Lindsey has been instrumental in my athletic nutrition journey from Worlds Toughest Mudder to Spartan and Ninja Warrior. Her advice has helped me compete at a high level long term and maintain day to day energy. Easy to work with and extremely knowledgeable!”
“Lindsey was able to take what I was doing right and what I could improve on, and turn it into an easy to follow diet plan based on my individual competition and training needs. Thanks in part to her help I was able to win the 2018 Highland Games World Championships! I love the personalized attention she gives. Lindsey uses evidence based nutritional science to provide the most up to date, cutting edge nutritional recommendations that I depend on day in and day out in my training and competition. I wouldn’t go to anyone else!”
“Having Lindsey come and speak to our wrestlers and parents about the right way to eat and hydrate during the season benefited our kids a great deal. At the end of the year, we wrestled with way more energy and vigor than we had previous years. I give all the credit to Lindsey and the program she supplied for our athletes. “